Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Summit Show 2011

The name is Bond...Oscar Bond! The Summit Show is a hair show where the best in the business get together to teach educators and students, and show off their amazing skills. The show was at EFA this past Sunday and I was fortunate enough to attend. Not only that, but I was a color model for Suzie Bond from L'Oreal and her team. Other guests included Robert Brown from Goldwell, reps from Bumble and Bumble in New York, Ann Bray from Aquage (who's done the most amazing updos I have ever seen!), of course Eric Fisher, and Oscar Bond from The Bond Academy in New Jersey. Oscar is from England and has taught at the Sassoon Academy in London as a part of the International Artist Team and Show Team. Lets just say this...Oscar was the one who taught ERIC when he attended Sassoon! I am in awe of the Hair Gods. lol. :) Here are some pictures from the Summit Show!! Enjoy!!


Me and the amazing Oscar Bond himself right before the show started! He was hilarious!!!


The beautiful and super sweet Ann Bray from Aquage! The updo QUEEN!

My "Before" picture....



And after!!! They did such a beautiful color on my hair from the new L'Oreal line INOA (which I'm certified to use now! Yay!)

I would also like to announce that I have PASSED my practical and theory State Board tests!! My license should be arriving in the mail very soon! I can't wait! Now I don't have to worry about that crap ever again! Not to mention going back to the UK, where a license isn't even REQUIRED!! I asked Oscar about Sassoon, and he said, "I've got something better. It takes a little bit of balls." (Mind you, this is all in a British accent, hehe.) "Call up different salons in London and ask to shadow for a few hours or a day. You'll learn more observing other people work than in a class." While I still have my heart set on at least ONE course at Sassoon, I will definitely take Mr. Bond's advice! I love watching people work anyways, but to watch some of the greats in London, I am excited, privileged, and honored.

I know this is technically my 'photography' blog and their have been a lot of posts about my schooling and hair and makeup recently. This is a part of my life now. A new found passion and talent...that I can use along with my photography and have been doing so the last few shoots. I hope this will help take me places in my career, especially in the short time we have left in England. I want to soak up as much as I can there. So, with that said, I had another photo shoot this week with Jennifer doing a very editorial look. Here is a just a little teaser, you will have to go to the website to view the rest (which will be up next week sometime) or become a fan on Facebook. :) That's all for now folks, I have to go pack for my LA trip this weekend!!! YAY! :) Make sure to watch my Nuts and Bolts Nominee video down below in the previous post! I will update on Tuesday when I get back! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment